May 16, 2019

I left the Interstate...

... because I was driving into a storm. I was on my way home from Harrisonburg last Friday and heading straight for a dark-looking storm. I decided to take the exit at Mauzy and go down Route 11 for a while. There are places there to pull off it the rain comes done so hard you can't see.

With rain ahead and late afternoon sun behind me, it was not surprising to see a partial rainbow.


I turned on a country road to see if I could get a better shot. The rainbow was fading fast so this was what I got before it disappeared.


Since I've been in that area quite a few times, I knew I could find the road that goes by Endless Caverns. It's a scenic area and there could be more photo opportunities.

No doubt some of my readers will recognize the big letters on the hill advertising the cavern. Below that is a photo of the gateway to the caverns and campground.




Linking to Fences and Signs, Signs

I turned and took the Caverns Road back out to Route 11, stopping a few times to take some more pictures.

Look who's looking at me through the broken fence!


Steam was rising off the wet road.


10 comments:

  1. Great photos!

    It looks like Hobbit land except for the paved road. :)

    The rainbow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, looks like a pretty drive and scenes. I like the rainbow and the views of the countryside. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tour with you this morning...thanks for documenting everything so well...I love being in the passenger seat! Of course I know you weren't, but were stopping for photos. Anyway, loved seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful series of photos. I love the rainbow and unfortunately they do disappear fast. Looks like a wonderful drive in the countryside.
    Enjoy the weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful countryside. The deer is a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see the rainbow, but all of your photographs are lovely to see.
    What a nice country drive, and wasn't the deer a surprise!

    Happy Friday Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. and you got some brilliant sunshine on your drive (which looks lovely, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scenic photos. I love the rainbows and the deer.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.