April 2, 2019

An Incomparable Inn


The Inn at Little Washington sits in a village in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. In spite of being out of the way, it has a worldwide reputation for fine food and accommodations. It is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in the world.

I can't afford to eat there. Well, I could do it in lieu of a weekend vacation, but since my allergies and digestive upsets dictate that I eat food very plain, it wouldn't be worth paying a couple hundred dollars for a meal!

I will say that the staff that we've seen outside the building has been polite and helpful. Every indication is that the service is superb.

Although the building looks grand today, it was once a garage! Built around 1895, it housed a service station with a dance hall above it. Eventually it fell into disrepair until it was taken over by Patrick O'Connell and Reinhardt Lynch and opened as a restaurant in 1978.

9 comments:

  1. ...few people enjoy eating more than I, but hundreds of dollars for a meal is not for me. It looks like a wonderful period building. Thanks Linda for stopping by, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it is a beautiful inn. I would not pay a hundred dollar for a meal. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to their site and some recipes are shared. Buttermilk ice cream for one I would like to try and the apple tart. Yes, very expensive. Probably much more expensive than Boars Head Inn we stayed about 20 years ago. Only did that once.
    Thank you for sharing, neat to see these places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sounding place...like other readers, I wouldn't mind going for desert! At least then I'd get a seating. But then again, that's probably not done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wouldn't think that such a place had an origin as a garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous for those that want a mega splurge - I'd be with you though, or offering to do the washing up!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's way out of my price range. It does look grand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look a beautiful inn.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.