March 20, 2019

A Raptor in Middletown



Cedar Creek Battlefield, Virginia.

This could be a red-tailed hawk but I didn't see much more than a silhouette. I was glad to get a picture because usually I see hawks while I'm driving on the highway so I cannot get a photo. This one was in a tree next to the upper parking lot for the Morning Attack Trails and Vermont Monument.

Hawks like to sit in trees next to roads because they watch for small animals that come to the roadside to feed on items that humans throw out of cars.

Sharing with Wild Bird Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. Your area has so many interesting landscapes and wildlife sightings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    I thought I was commenting on these pix but I did so on the previous post thinking that the hawk and daff pix were in the same post. *smack forehead* Oh well...nice capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que maravilha este falcão em pleno voo, aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, to think how we've become part of the food chain for the hawks. Though I'm not really happy that we make enough garbage/litter that our presence has affected wildlife this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful "in flight" image!!! and so exciting...i love seeing them as long as they are not at my feeders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often see hawks along the road when driving too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see them often here but always too far to take photos! Happy Friday Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photographs Linda.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.