December 19, 2018

Do You See the Great Blue Heron?


After an appointment on Monday, I took my lunch to Shenandoah River State Park. I enjoyed getting a little sunshine there and walked down by the South Fork. I was hoping to see an eagle but spotted a heron instead.

Tonight as we were coming home, I spotted another great blue heron fishing in our community pond. I was surprised to see him out there after dark in the cold water. The air temperature was slightly below freezing!
Sharing with Not-So-Wordless and Wild Bird Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. Yes, I see "great head" on the top of your photos.
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda. The first photo is beautiful. Wonderful Great Blue Heron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such amazing and beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it too. Heron's are such a pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,

    I thought Herons lived near the ocean. Am I right about that or not? We have seagulls in our area which seems odd to me but I guess the lakes around here keep these birds local. Have a joyful Christmas and may God's blessings be with you in the coming new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do see!
    Nice photographs, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see it, but it is well hidden. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.