November 4, 2018

Autumn Trees and a Chapel


This has been an autumn unlike any I've seen. The colors came very late, and some trees shed their leaves as soon as the temperatures dropped. Still, we have some nice colors now. The collage shows some leaves at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs, Virginia.


This little chapel is used in inclement weather. On nice Sundays, services are held in the outdoor cathedral


Next we see the view looking downhill from the chapel's entrance. Finally, we have interior views of the little chapel, which I've always found to be open.

I'm sharing the collages with Mosaic Monday, now hosted by Angie for the first time. This post is also joining Black and White Weekend and InSpired Sunday.

I hope you had a nice weekend and the coming week is peaceful!



17 comments:

  1. It sounds like your autumn has been much like ours. I love the little chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, that chapel has to be one of the best I have seen

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...that's a wonderful chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely images and beautiful fall colors. The chapel is pretty. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little chapel looks so charming and peaceful. I like the stone walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chapel is quite different from what one would expect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little chapel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy an outdoor service,and have went to one I like just to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so beautiful. Makes me wish I could walk there and pick up colorful leaves to dry! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great spot. I like that little chapel. Happy Mosaic Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pathway to the chapel. I've been up on the Parkway everyday for a week checking out foliage scenes. Very late and now finally but you have to look hard for the splashes of bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda - thanks so much for the shout out in your post! This is the sort of chapel just meant for worship - right out there with nature! I look forward to more woodsy views in future MM posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's different but beautiful.
    Nice to see your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a rustic and charming chapel in the woods.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.