October 12, 2018

Five Snapshots from this Week.


1. Beahm's Gap is the site for this black and white image that I took today on Skyline Drive. It was a pretty day for a drive.



2. Two days ago I stopped at a drive-through to pick up a cheeseburger for Frank. Since there was a line of cars, I had time to snap a Skywatch picture.

3. The trees are still green along Skyline Drive. The only way I could get some orange in a photo was to include these cones!  I think the foliage should start changing soon. The rain and wind yesterday brought us some cooler temperatures, finally.

4. On Sunday, Lynn's friend Debbe drove her to my house. I got them to pose in the back yard. Then I drove Lynn to Baltimore where her surgery was scheduled for the following morning. Since she could not drive afterward, I brought her back here and another friend picked her up and transported her the remaining 90 minutes to her home.


5.  Lynn and I stopped at Roy Rogers for lunch. I persuaded her to pose with a cutout and sign that celebrates the restaurant chain's 50th anniversary. Aside from Lynn liking their roast beef sandwiches, the significance of this chain is that both Lynn and her sister worked in one of their stores while in high school. 


14 comments:

  1. Very pretty Black and White, and I like the Sky Watch photo, too!
    Best wishes and speedy recovery to Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup la photo de ses arbres

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...nice to see.
    ...drive-throughs are so popular.
    ...construction cones are everywhere this summer.
    ...I hope that everything goes well
    ...Roy Rogers is still in business?
    Thanks Linda for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for helping your friend out. And like a true blogger, you take photos everywhere you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second shot particularly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been a long time since I ate with Roy. sounds real good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that b&w shot! Reminds me that I want to get a little more involved with b&w photography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, like the second photo most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your second photograph here.
    Good wishes and a speedy recovery to Lynn.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the BW image and the light of the building. A great trip for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat black and white shot. I like the lighting in the skywatch picture.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.