September 17, 2018

Rainy Season Randoms

For a while it looked like Hurricane Florence was going to send us torrents of rain, but we seem to have escaped the worst of it. We have had heavy rain and more is coming tomorrow morning, but this afternoon the sun came out. Flooding has been "the usual," that is, enlarged ponds, wet fields, and a few impassable roads that get that way with every heavy storm. 

There were tornados in Virginia today but they were east of the Blue Ridge, not near here. Now for three picture for Random-osity, with the first one also linking to Monday Murals.

The Good: This mural is on a wall next to the new Shenandoah Museum of Contemporary Art is Strasburg.  People have been coloring it with paints, but progress has been slow due to the weather.
 


The Random:  I get the feeling that nature can't take any more of our pollution so she's fighting back!



The Fun: Although I planned to stay home today, the unexpected sunshine called me out. I ran a couple of errands, bought a dollar cup of coffee at Royal Farms, and drove a short distance to the golf course behind Walmart, where I drank my coffee in the sunshine. I took a short walk to the river, where I saw some young men fishing. Fishing may not look like fun, but people who like it assure me that it is.

13 comments:

  1. I think the bear speaks the truth!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't see the fun of fishing either, far too boring for me to just stand there waiting for a fish to bite, lol.
    Glad your area missed the hurricane and heavy rains.
    Love the colourful mural Linda, thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, love the mural. I agree the pollution needs to stop. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...great mural and don't mess with mommy nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for photos...I agree, when the sun comes out again, I will also! Glad you didn't get hit by any worse storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you escaped the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wall art capture . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature cannot take much more pollution or killing. How long before all we see now does not exist anymore!!
    Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about fishing but have heard the same thing ))). Glad the storm is (sort-of) passing you by, at least the worst of it, but the flooding you talk about sounds like not a lot of fun. Still...in comparison.... (I'd like a little bit of that rain here! It's still too dry.) You are right about Mother Nature I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear most of the storm missed you. Neat mural!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.