August 18, 2018

A Bear and Some Flying Critters.

For today's Camera Critters blog hop, I'm happy to say that I managed to take a picture of a small bear crossing Skyline Drive. Yes, I've gotten photos of bears up there before, but I've missed many more. Bears move quickly and often they disappear into the woods before I get the car stopped or the camera turned on. I must say we see more bears now than we did ten years ago. Last month Frank say one crossing our back yard!

Also seen along Skyline Drive was this bright butterfly. He was moving pretty fast also, but he did stop and light on the weeds now and then.

The wren in the next picture was in our yard.  Below that is another bird that was perched over a store entrance.


The rainbow appeared today as a brief storm moved away. We were doing some shopping after attending a talk and having lunch in New Market.


There weren't any critters in the rainbow picture, as far as I could tell. It did remind me of Flash, since he "crossed the rainbow bridge" on Monday and I miss him.

11 comments:

  1. Hello, love the cute bear. The wren is adorable too. Pretty sighting of the rainbow. Beautiful monarch! Great post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bear doesn't seem to be in a hurry to cross the road. The bird on the roof has a great view of everything. Nice to see a rainbow, they are always a pleasure especially when you can photograph one. Nice photos Linda and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice captures. The wren is cute. It's always exciting to see a bear or a rainbow in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. Nice bear photo but I think I wouldn't really want to see one crossing my backyard. So very sorry for your loss of Flash. Losing a furry family member is a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow, did you find the pot of gold 😉
    Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your bear shot! It's nice to hear there are more around - hopefully we can peacefully co-exist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to see the bear, wren and the beautiful butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.