April 21, 2017

Skies and Gardens


1. Night at the Gazebo, Front Royal. I accidentally pasted the next image over this one in Photoshop and it looked kind of dreamy. I faded that layer and converted to Black and White. (Yes, I'm using Photoshop again. I really like having layers and multiple features.)
Linkups: My Town in the Night and Black and White Weekend
2. I took this through the windshield. Frank was driving and I saw this nice sky. We were on US 340 near Lake Frederick.
Skywatch Friday
3. It's tulip time!
Flower Friday and Orange You Glad It's Friday
4.  This purple phlox is on a small hillside beside the road near Toms Brook.


5.  Did Caesar make heads roll? No, the staff at Glen Burnie took down these busts for safety reasons. It seems that children sometimes try to play with them, so they will be re-secured in ways that aren't likely to tip over.


15 comments:

  1. Wow - fabulous shots of the flowers and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great night shot of the Gazebo - the light is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink phlox carpet is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...the Gazebo and the phlox are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulips are certainly a cheerful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your first photo, especially in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images. I use photoshop in spurts. It requires just a little more horsepower than what my laptop can deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful assortment of photos - my favorites are the phlox on the hill, the beautiful sky and tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gazebo is awesome and look great in b&w, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first photo in b/w is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that phlox! As well as everything else...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that gazebo is breath-taking.
    I love it!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. That made for a dramatic shot for the first photo. The sky and flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well edited photo (for me Photoshop is to difficult - )! I'm truly fascinated of that lot of Phlox...
    Tomorrow "Weekend Green" will be back, would be glad to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.