December 27, 2016

Skyline Drive on a Nice December Day


On the day before Christmas, we took Marie to Woodstock, Edinburg, New Market, and Shenandoah National Park. We didn't have much time in the park before dark but I stopped at Range View Overlook, one of my favorites. Marie and I both took some pictures of the clouds hanging in the mountains.

Here's a view from another overlook taken on a different trip. This is around milepost 7,  looking west here toward the Gooney Manor area.  


Back in October I drove through that area to see the scenery up close. I think I found the same barn! It's on Poor House Road near Browntown. 


I'm sharing that with Tom's barn linkup. And for his Tuesday Treasures, here's the visitor center on Dickey Ridge in Shenandoah National Park. Right now it's closed for the winter.

Before I leave Dickey Ridge, let me introduce one of the permanent residents.


15 comments:

  1. Those views from up above are simply fantastic. The fog surrounding the mountains is amazing.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, the view in the third photo stopped me in my tracks, followed by the view from milepost 7 and of course the closeup view. Thanks for stopping by, Happy New Year and I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views. I like the clouds hanging in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That third picture is a prizewinner Linda! One of the best shots of those mountain ridges disappearing into the distance that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty...love the picture of the clouds...and that sweet deer! we have a poor farm road here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love your part of our country. Hopefully we can get back there in 2017. In the meantime, I hope you and your family have a very healthy and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The deer seems caught in the act!

    Splendid views.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love all of these photo's, but the views are very special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing views! The deer is looking right at you. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photographs of beautiful scenery. The first image of the woman with strong features and tightly fastened hair is excellent. She could have modeled for Grant Wood or Andrew Wyeth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fine day to share with your Christmas company. You live in the perfect area for scenery and sky junkies (I am both of those -- and we loved visiting your area). It doesn't look too cold for this season -- I hope that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so beautiful. What talent and I love the view, so peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.