April 1, 2016

A Simple Shot

The theme for City Daily Photo today is Beauty in Simplicity. I considered several types of photos including birds against a simple background a flower close-ups. Then I came across this image in my files and decided it would be a shame to let it languish there any longer.


I took this at full zoom with my Nikon P510, steadying the camera by resting it on my mailbox. I did not crop this in processing. I've had that camera for several years and while it drives me crazy with it's erratic focusing, it has a good zoom lens.

Also sharing with Skywatch Friday





11 comments:

  1. It took a splendid photo of the moon, love the details. Clever to use the mailbox to steady your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice for the theme. Lunar simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could get a great moon shot like yours. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you frame it. That makes more simplicity for that moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly stunning, congrats, my sweet friend !

    Sending blessings on your new week

    Dany

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.