April 1, 2016

A Simple Shot

The theme for City Daily Photo today is Beauty in Simplicity. I considered several types of photos including birds against a simple background a flower close-ups. Then I came across this image in my files and decided it would be a shame to let it languish there any longer.


I took this at full zoom with my Nikon P510, steadying the camera by resting it on my mailbox. I did not crop this in processing. I've had that camera for several years and while it drives me crazy with it's erratic focusing, it has a good zoom lens.

Also sharing with Skywatch Friday





11 comments:

  1. It took a splendid photo of the moon, love the details. Clever to use the mailbox to steady your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice for the theme. Lunar simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could get a great moon shot like yours. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you frame it. That makes more simplicity for that moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly stunning, congrats, my sweet friend !

    Sending blessings on your new week

    Dany

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.