January 17, 2016

The Old Rugged Cross


Sometimes a sunset demands to be photographed, and I've found that a church parking lot offers a safe place to pull off the road. This one had a wooden cross that made an interesting divider for the image.

On this occasion I neglected to get a picture of the church, which was shrouded in darkness. Since I travel that road through Rivermont fairly often, I stopped there a few days ago and got a shot for InSPIRED Sunday. This was also in the evening but there was a little more light so at least you can see the door.

This is Bennett's Chapel UMC. I just compared this picture to one I took in 2014 and it's interesting that I chose the same viewpoint. It's not the first time I've noticed that I tend to choose the same spot without being aware of it. 

7 comments:

  1. Made a good subject in a sunset. Very nice photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've rarely seen a sunset that doesn't demand to be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both shots are pretty and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful shots and especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunset photo. I really like that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset is a perfect backdrop for both photos.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.