January 17, 2016

The Old Rugged Cross


Sometimes a sunset demands to be photographed, and I've found that a church parking lot offers a safe place to pull off the road. This one had a wooden cross that made an interesting divider for the image.

On this occasion I neglected to get a picture of the church, which was shrouded in darkness. Since I travel that road through Rivermont fairly often, I stopped there a few days ago and got a shot for InSPIRED Sunday. This was also in the evening but there was a little more light so at least you can see the door.

This is Bennett's Chapel UMC. I just compared this picture to one I took in 2014 and it's interesting that I chose the same viewpoint. It's not the first time I've noticed that I tend to choose the same spot without being aware of it. 

7 comments:

  1. Made a good subject in a sunset. Very nice photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've rarely seen a sunset that doesn't demand to be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both shots are pretty and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful shots and especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunset photo. I really like that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset is a perfect backdrop for both photos.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.