August 20, 2015

Outdoor Front Royal

hillside with fences
View from the Outdoor Flea Market 
The town of Front Royal is outdoors-oriented. It's not only the "Canoe Capital of Virginia," it's an Appalachian Trail Community, and the northern gateway to Shenandoah National Park.

I liked the design of this sign for Shenandoah Riverkeeper, a not-for-profit that had a booth at a festival in Eastham Park.

Below are two snapshots I took along the path in Eastham Park. This paved trail runs along the South Fork of the Shenandoah. (Click on an image to see a larger version.)

The final shot has no deep meaning, I just liked the bright umbrella at an ice cream stand.


Sharing with Signs, Signs and Good Fences

9 comments:

  1. I love that first view...and I too like that bright umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scenery and a great shot of the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene in forts shot and I also love the umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  4. the home across the river is something! really beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat stuff Linda! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view across the river's my favourite shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that peaceful view in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.