July 24, 2015

Things I Do

woman walkingFor this week's My Town Shoot Out, Mersad has chosen the topic, "What I do in My Town." That's a broad category so I've narrowed it down to some things I do frequently. 

First, the mundane. I help keep the household running and contribute to yard maintenance. I happen to be retired but there's a lot to do. Here I am crossing the yard in an image taken by our wildlife camera.

Secondly, I like exploring parks and historic sites and make an effort to do so regularly. Frank took the picture of me at Shenandoah River State Park. It reminds me of my mom, who was always looking at a map in order to explore some place new.



I also spend a significant amount of time at the computer, blogging, checking Facebook, shopping, and so on. And of course I process my photos, of which I take many.  In the picture above, I've got Adobe Bridge open. Flash is supervising.

The sunset image is one I photographed yesterday. It qualifies for Skywatch Friday, Weekend Reflections,  and Orange You Glad It's Friday.  I keep a camera handy pretty much all the time.

We have company coming this weekend so it will be busy. Have a good weekend and do something fun!

14 comments:

  1. is that your dog watching what you are doing? Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's Flash. He keeps an eye on me.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely sunset shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely sky / lake reflection! have a beautiful sky week~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the sunset shot. Beautiful. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice sunset and reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great catch!! depending on how you first look at the image, the trees and their reflection appeared to be like a garland across the middle of the sky [almost as if you shot out an airplane window]. I know otherwise, but it is so uncanny. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda - my first visit to your blog ... and many thanks for your visit to the low carb diabetic blog.

    I love your sunset photo the colours and reflections in that image are so lovely.

    I hope your weekend is going well. I will come back and visit soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. your mum is usual to look in the map to plan where to go places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed hearing about what you do. Lovely sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun shot of "Flash" watching you on the computer. - I enjoy visiting new places too and yes I spend a lot of time on the computer visiting wonderful blogs like yours.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.