June 26, 2015

Colors and Themes

These photos are from Grandview in West Virginia. We were in this beautiful park on a pretty morning, and I took more pictures than I can possibly post. Here I'm focusing on colors and linking to a few relevant memes, starting with a blue sky and Skywatch Friday.

Next we have some green plants growing through cracks between layers of rocks. We were on the Tunnel Trail, which would be a good place to have a geologist along to discuss the rock formations.




Thank you to the young lady for wearing a red shirt! Red never fails to brighten an image and draw the eye. Some photographers dress their children in red or carry a red jacket for their spouse to wear in photos. And red happens to be the theme that Mersad chose  for this week's My Town Shoot Out.

I don't know this person but she was taking a picture while I was taking a picture of her.

We saw a bright shiny motorcycle in the parking lot. It's orange paint qualifies it for a spot on Orange You Glad It's Friday.


I was pleased to see pink rhododendron blooming in the park. The plants are often tall enough that the flowers are at eye-level.  They always seemed a bit magical to me.

Sharing with Scenic Weekends



8 comments:

  1. Lovely series of images. I have to add this park on my list of places to visit. Love the ferns and rhododendron. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just this summer discovering the beauty of the rhododendron♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/blaze/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your photos and the explanations that go with them today. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and eye-catching photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't if funny how plants can thrive and survive in the oddest spost. If I planted a plant in those cracks,.. it would die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rhodo is very pretty. Gorgeous colour. And love all the green of the ferns.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.