May 9, 2015

A Multi-Event Weekend


Spring and Fall are festival seasons around here. I think May and October have the most events, with April and September close behind.

There were so many events this weekend I had trouble choosing which one to do today. Art at the Mill is ending this weekend, but we went last week so it was not important to go again. Not far from there is the Mother's Day Plant Sale at the State Arboretum, but we've been three or four times in the past and didn't buy much, although it's enjoyable. The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley had a Mort Kuntsler event but there will be some related lectures that I want to hear later. Also, it's Wildflower Weekend in Shenandoah National Park, which we enjoyed last year, and there are Garden Tours in Berkeley Springs, which we've done before. And that's just the start of the list of events that I saw listed online, some of them on a Shenandoah Valley site.

Somehow I came across a description of Martinsburg Heritage Days  and decided that was the place to go today. It turned out to be an excellent choice, although Frank was having back pain and sat out the tour that I found most amazing, and that was the tunnel tour at the Triple Brick Building. If you get a chance to take it and you aren't afraid of old cellars and caves, be sure to go!

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, and I hope I have some worth sharing. We had previously toured only a tiny section of Martinsburg but were impressed by the architecture. It is in West Virginia about 20 miles from Winchester.

Sharing with Sepia Saturday


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining Ruckus The Eskie and Earl's World! in Sepia Saturday!

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sepia shot.. Your tour sounds neat. Have a happy Sunday, Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mill looks really good with this treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Just stopping by to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to you. I’m sure you are having a fabulous day. I celebrated yesterday when one of my sons and his beautiful wife came to see us….

    As you probably know, we’ve been out-of-town this past week and I haven’t done any blogging much at all. I hope you enjoyed my two Tulip blog posts while we were gone——and be sure and tune in tomorrow morning to find out what we’ve been doing this past week….

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way this turned out. Your tour sounds like an interesting one. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.