January 26, 2015

A Main Street Mural

Stanley, Virginia

mural of street scene

facade of buildingWhen I saw this mural mentioned in Shenandoah Living, I knew I wanted to see it. They mentioned it was next to a bank; turns out it is painted on the side wall of the police station!

The blue car is part of the painting but the white police car is not. However, a sign that's part of the painting says "No Parking. Police Cars."

I just came across a photograph by Winston Link which I believe is the inspiration for this painting.


I had to walk around a bit to get a view of the right side of the mural because a truck was parked there. "Burns Restaurant" is also shown in Mr. Link's photograph. Here in Virginia we sometimes see prints of his dramatic railroad photos displayed in shops and galleries.



Sharing with Monday Murals

8 comments:

  1. This is fun. I especially like the police car; it appears to be part of the mural. Good atch. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool mural, especially the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mural, I have a friend that does these and is back logged quite some time

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the right sky conditions, you'd be hard pressed to tell where the building leaves off and the sky begins!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.