August 19, 2014

A Selfie from a Short Vacation

We made it home safely from our long weekend on the Eastern Shore. Or should I call it the Delmarva Peninsula? Anyway, the return trip across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge went smoothly; no delays this time. 


Here's a "selfie" I took in Maryland. I look a little goofy but I was concentrating on getting us both in the frame. When I enlarged this on the computer I could see the reflection in my glasses of my arm holding up the camera! And yes, I see that my glasses were askew!

After straightening and cropping, I shrunk the picture down to a smaller size so it will load quickly on your screen. Not as small as it looks here though! You can click the picture to see it larger.

I took plenty of more interesting (I hope) pictures and I'll share them over the next few days.

Linking to: Our World Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. Great shot, even with the crooked glasses.. I hope you had a fun time..Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on the eastern shore for years, it is a different world there. I haven't seen the new bridge and was surprised at the traffic you encountered.
    Neat photo, has that fun look about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eastern shore's a part of that area that does tend to get overlooked. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a fine selfie. And it appears in full size in my Feedly page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smile, sunglasses and hat spell vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selfie, Linda. I hate taking photos from THAT close.. I have WAY too many wrinkles to do that.... ha

    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selifes are always fun and gives your readers a chance to meet you in a personal way. Looks like you both were having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun picture. I hope your vacation was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice selfie! There are always going to be little things askew. :-) Glad you had a good time. Do you remember Bird's Nest (wide place in the road on the Va side of the Eastern Shore, on 13)--my hubby's people lived there for a while before crossing over into Mathews Co. They were farmers and boat-builders and watermen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I wouldn't have noticed, I thought your selfie turned out well.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.