January 11, 2013

Gray Goose, New Filter


I upgraded Photoshop to CS6 from CS4 because there was a deadline for doing so by the end of December. The newer version has some improvements; whether they are worth the price remains to be discovered. I'm still learning the features.

I found a filter that I didn't have in CS4: the oil paint filter. It adds a brush stroke texture to imitate (what else) an oil painting. I tried it out on this photo of a goose and I liked it in the large version that I was viewing. However, I thought the effect might be hard to discern after I shrunk the image for posting here so I added a poster edge on a duplicate layer and then slid the transparency down to where it wasn't overly "edged."

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. That nice picture, excellent capture, that got gorgeous plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture you filter gave to the picture. Wow, they have come up with so many new devices. I can remember the cameras from my childhood and they are sure nothing like what we see today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Great picture! It's fun to play around with filters and other image enhancers to see how it changes things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice effect! I really have to learn more about this program :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most times I downsize the shot before I apply those filters. The strokes is more visible then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job with this image. It really does look like a painting.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.