December 31, 2012

Looking Back at 2012

As 2012 draws to a close, I reflect and wonder what I should be doing to add meaning to my life. I really don't know! However, as I review this blog I see that it's been a busy year, and I am aware that many pictures and events did not get posted because I ran out of time or stamina. Often my eyes got tired from looking at the screen, although that is happening less since I got a laptop with "Retina" Display.

Here are a few highlights month-by-month:

January: Winter on the Shenandoah and at Carillon Pond, historic Harrisonburg, and a look back at autumn in Gypsy Hill Park.

February: Winter scenes in Winchester and other Shenandoah towns, Bryce ski resort. 

March: Baby farm animals! Also an award program for Professor Charles Poland plus some scans from 1984.

April: In April we were busy moving and I posted photos of the house we were trying to sell. (We wound up renting it out.) We only had time for one of the Garden Week tours, but I did take pictures of a library program for children and belatedly posted some Gettysburg photos from last year.
May: Posts on Civil War medicine and Richmond, pictures of the Burwell Morgan Mill.

June: A few reenactment photos and a tour of Camp Rapidan (Hoover's Camp in Shenandoah National Park).

July: Daylily Festival, a local parade, train ride in Romney.

August: Bird Haven in Basye, a county fair (farm animals!), family memories.
September: We drove to New Jersey to meet with Marie and tour Millville, and earlier, enjoyed a visit from Kate's family. (Click Older Posts to see more of the month's pictures.)

October: We flew to the Pacific Northwest to visit Sue's family. Also we visited Shenandoah River State Park, and made an effort to look at autumn colors.

November: Living history near Cedar Creek, some family pics, more autumn color, the Shenandoah River, and pictures taken from a plane.

December: Snow scenes, our family Christmas, birds, and Dayton, VA.

Reviewing the year in pictures has made me feel better. I see productivity and fun!

Best wishes to all for an enjoyable and productive 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to You!! Looks to me like you had a GREAT year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back, I can't complain. But of course I found things to complain about at the time!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.