December 7, 2012

Backyard Birds

I'm loving my new camera! It's a Nikon Coolpix P510 and it captured some nice bird photos for me. These are a few pictures I took from our deck yesterday and the day before.

The weather was quite warm for December and at first I was just soaking up a little sun on Wednesday while eating lunch. Some birds ventured fairly close to me because we have bird feeders set up nearby. So I walked back inside and brought out the camera. Pretty soon the birds came back and I started snapping pictures. I missed as many shots as I got though — those birds move fast!




8 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Amazing photography.
    With best wishes for
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you have a new camera! Your pictures are gorgeous. I'm enamoured wth cardinals. They seem so screamingly bright and beautiful. I've never seen one in person as we don't have them in my part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you have captured some great photos here. How wonderful to have these birds in your garden. Love the cardinal particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did get some very nice bird photographs. That's about all I have to shoot where I live. Birds. Even hawks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need you to teach me how to take pictures. Wow!! You did great.

    I don't get a lot of birds where I live now, but when I lived in the country, I would see all the ones you showed us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last bird looks unusual! Your new camera (and you) are taking some great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, that last one is a purple finch. I only know that because my sister identified it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures! The new camera is doing you proud! xx

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.