August 12, 2012

More Scenes from Last Year's County Fair

Shenandoah County, Virginia

The county fair is an old tradition in rural Virginia. I took these photographs at the 2011 fair in Woodstock but didn't get around to posting them. This year's fair is coming up soon!

Shenandoah County FairCrested Ducks



This 4-H Poster caught my eye. I have a soft spot in my heart for 4-H kids because my first job was as a 4-H club organizer and my children enjoyed the program. That was many years ago in Alexandria, VA.

Fairs and other events offer youngsters a chance to develop skills in preparing projects and making presentations in public.
Click to See Larger Version4-H in Virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.