March 1, 2012

A Couple of Blog Changes

After I removed the Captcha requirement from the Comments page, I started getting spam comments, five or six a day. They were usually ads containing URLs and were from "Anonymous." So now you have to sign in before you can comment on a post. Sorry if this is inconvenient but the spam was a real pain.

Meanwhile, I am following an art blog which taught me about Pinterest and why I should be concerned about people borrowing my pictures. Pinterest makes it so easy!

My images are copyrighted. Usually I will give permission to borrow them for personal use, and larger versions are available at a price. Many of my pictures have a copyright symbol on them with my name. But that doesn't stop people from downloading them without asking, or, it seems, posting them on Pinterest. I found six of them there by following the advice on "Making a Mark" including one with my copyright notice clearly displayed. Since then I have added a code to prevent "pinning." I wonder if people don't know what copyright means!
  1. Read Prevent Your Blogger Images from Being Pinned
  2. Read How Pinterest Removed All My Pinned Images in Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.