February 26, 2012

Hello, Woodpecker!

We have a pair of pileated woodpeckers that visits our yard frequently. Usually if I see one and watch for a while, I'll spot the other one. If they don't see me, that is. They are quite shy.

This one's on the ground. More often they're perched on a tree or hanging on a suet feeder, or even drilling holes in the deck railing.

I think my best pileated woodpecker photo was one I took last March. They move pretty much constantly. I've probably taken and deleted dozens of blurry pictures of these handsome birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.