January 7, 2012

Lights-a-Whirl



Instead of taking a snapshot of our Christmas tree I decided to play with whirling the lights. I quickly learned that the easiest way to turn the camera in a circular motion is to start with the wrist turned backwards before pressing the button. It feels natural to turn the wrist back to normal position and then just keep turning.

I altered the third image in Photoshop® to make it different. I cropped it vertically, made a duplicate layer and inverted the colors, then experimented with blending modes until I found a color combination that I liked.
You might also like a previous Christmas Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.