October 29, 2010

Women's Heart Symptoms

I recently had a stress test. It was ordered by one of my doctors because I complained of fatigue, shortness of breath while exercising, and occasional chest pain. Although I was reasonably sure that the last symptom was caused by something in coffee, it seemed prudent to make sure.

RMH Healthcare administered both a treadmill test and nuclear imaging. My results were excellent except for "mild" shortness of breath after 7 minutes on the treadmill. The written report notes "Very good exercise capacity for age." (I grinned when I read that.)

It's important for women to realize that females often have heart problems without the severe chest pain that typically signals a cardiac emergency in males. Read this article: Heart Attacks Different for Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.