January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions


I decided a few years ago that New Year Resolutions should be based on deserving a good life rather than inflicting some sort of arduous improvement on myself. So while I probably should lose 20 pounds, I'm not going to resolve to do so -- it would probably cause osteoporosis anyway!

I jotted down some resolutions for 2010. Since a specific action makes an idea more likely to be done, I included something specific for each goal. One other thing I learned long ago about goal-setting is that three items are more likely to be remembered than a higher number.
  1. Have more fun! Make a list of enjoyable things to do in winter and post it. And play with the dogs!
  2. Communicate better with spouse. Practice speaking in his direction… he cannot hear you when your head is turned (a common problem in the car, for instance).
  3. Socialize more. Reach out to someone.
That last item may be the hardest for me. I am naturally a bit reserved.

P.S. The illustration is a combination of a WeatherPixie graphic and a Wordle that I made last night, wishing everyone a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.