December 6, 2009

Our Last Rose of Autumn


I cut some rose buds in our garden in late November. Cold weather was coming and although this particular rose bush had turned out to be hardier than most, I knew that winter's cold would nip the buds soon.

Once indoors, the petals gradually opened and this flower was still blooming when the first snowstorm arrived yesterday.

I don't think I kept the tag for the rose bush, which Frank bought me for Mother's Day this year. It's shaped like a small tree and the leaves are still green and healthy. Normally I'm not a big fan of rose bushes because their thorns attack me, but this one has been remarkable for blooming in cool weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.