December 21, 2009

Making it Easy to Share Posts

Today I learned about the GetSocial toolbar which links to social sharing sites like Facebook and Twitter. I added this feature to a few of my most popular posts.

Surprisingly, my most popular post is on tea allergy. Apparently this allergy is more common than I thought. It is rarely tested for; my allergist included it in an extended set of skin tests after the standard group of skin tests failed to uncover the cause of my coughing at mealtimes.

Another popular post has a photo of historian and reenactor Rob Hodge. Hodge was made somewhat famous in an entertaining book by journalist Tony Horwitz, Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War. (Clicking on the book's title will take

you to a page about it on Amazon.com. If you buy the book, I get a small credit from Amazon.)

The other post on this blog that has been consistently popular is Make a Cartoon Portrait of Yourself, so I added the Get Social links there also.

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine


No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.