October 14, 2009

Sentimental Return to a Mountain Top

When I was a child, my parents took us to Spruce Knob, West Virginia's highest peak. My dad took home movies of us up there, including a scene where we added rocks to a cairn (manmade pile of stones). I think it was around this spot.
I remember that I loved the feeling of being so high up on a mountain. The air is fresh and invigorating. The terrain and plants are different from anything lower down. And of course, the views are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.