February 20, 2009

Recuperating

I'm calling this picture a "sling shot."
Wednesday evening and yesterday were rough for me, but today the pain from surgery lessened. I still have some discomfort but it's bearable.

I'll probably wear the sling until the doctor removes the bandages on Tuesday. I have to keep the elbow bent and supported. I can't use my right hand much; am typing with my left.

I've been thinking of my first husband's uncle "Popcorn" who only had one arm, the result of an accident involving a power saw. Somehow he got along and lived pretty much normally with just one hand. Now I wonder how he managed so well. It's incredibly difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.