January 5, 2008

Diabetes Assn. Accepts Low-Carb Diets for Weight Loss

The ADA has finally admitted that low-carb diets are a good way to lose weight. Read Jimmy Moore's blog entry on low-carb and diabetes. And don't miss Why the Low-fat Diet is Stupid and Potentially Dangerous by Regina Wilshire and Anthony Colpo.

Years ago I ate very low-fat for four months (and only lost 4 pounds). When I wound up in a doctor's office suffering from low-energy, he ordered a blood test and the results showed that I needed more protein. Not long after that, I started having more and more digestive problems and reactions to specific foods. So I can relate to Colpo's experience that after following a strict low-fat diet he "frequently felt tired after meals. I showed signs of leaky gut syndrome, racking up a rather impressive list of irreversible food sensitivities."

Meanwhile, my husband has been to his doctor for diabetes and gotten a prescription. We hope that this will keep his blood sugar from rising to an alarming level again (which it did on Thursday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.