October 9, 2007

Uploading to AOL

AOL is always changing. I don't use it for internet access at home because we have Shentel's DSL but I still use my AOL email addresses and I have web pages posted on their servers. My AOL software stopped working a few weeks ago and I didn't bother to fix it. But then I received some announcements for the CDSA page and without the AOL software, I didn't know how to post it. Trying to upload the page using Dreamweaver's file transfer did not work.

A quick search using Goodsearch took me to a blog about AOL which said that FTP to AOL's homepage servers was not working this week. It gave this page for uploading files: http://hometown.aol.com/_fm . I don't host my pages on Hometown but it worked anyway, except that I had to delete the old page before loading the revised version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.