February 3, 2007

Follow-up with the eye-doctor

This week I went back to the ophthalmologist for a check-up on the floaters that I mentioned before. Upon examination Dr. Viti could see that I still have floaters although they haven't bothered me in months. I also have adie's syndrome (basically an enlarged pupil) and I asked him if it could spread to the other eye, which I had read about on a website. He said that this was unlikely at my age, since Adie's is most likely to show up in a person's 30's or 40's. (However, I was in my 50's.)
If you look carefully you can see that my left pupil (to your right, of course) is larger than the other one. It stays large until I use prescription eye drops. I've written about adie's pupil before. If you think you might have this condition, see a doctor or ophthalmologist right way because an enlarged pupil can be a symptom of more serious conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.