January 21, 2007

Trying to carry food


JetBlue offers no first class, no meals, but a good price. Since our flight was long, I brought along small cans of tuna and salmon plus some other gluten-free non-dairy snacks.

Getting through security is always rather demeaning. We had to remove our jackets and shoes, for instance. Our carry-on bag set off some kind of alert, and I thought it might be from the metal cans. The security guy found the cans all right, but he said the problem was that they contain liquid. "I'm going to let you keep them though."

Good thing! I would have gotten pretty hungry not having protein for the long flight, and I'm not pleasant when my blood sugar drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.