May 1, 2006

Food Allergy Awareness Week

Food Allergy Awareness Week (FAAW) is May 14 - May 20, 2006. The foods that account for 90% of all food-allergic reactions are milk, egg, nuts, fish, shellfish, soy, and wheat.

I am allergic to three of those (milk, soy, wheat) and to some kinds of nuts and fish. There are also other foods that I can't eat, but I have never had a life-threatening reaction. Both of my daughters have some food allergies too. Frank's grandson Ryley is allergic to peanuts. I've had occasional reactions to peanuts but my allergist said this was due to mold, which is often found on peanut products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.