February 4, 2006

Captain Carpenter of the 18th Ohio

solder
This is a follow-up to my post of January 31 on Russell Carpenter, the first husband of my great-grandmother. I shared the photo of Carpenter and a fellow soldier with the webmaster of a site on the 18th Ohio Volunteer Infantry and he created a page about Captain Carpenter and his Civil War service. Carpenter fought at Chickagmauga.

The picture here is an improved version of my second photo of Carpenter. The portrait got badly soiled over the years so I cleaned it up somewhat in Photoshop. The photo is faded too and there's not much I can do about lost detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.