February 4, 2017

It's February and the Critters are Busy


Birds are enjoying my feeders and other animals are still doing their own things.  


When I saw these red creatures on a sign, I wondered what they were supposed to be! I took a cell phone picture and later I finally realized what represent: lovebirds! (Never mind that they are look like red pickles!)

Next we have a real bird down by the pond. I believe this is a muscovy duck, although it could be a hybrid.



Flash, as usual, observes all, at least when he isn't sleeping. 


Finally, another large bird beside the pond. I had seem the great blue heron earlier, flying quickly out of sight. I was excited when he came back to our yard and I got this picture using a zoom lens.



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots!

    http://blog.photobymanka.se/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Flash looks like a great dog. He is cute. Love the Great Blue Heron, cool muscovy and sweet feeder birds. Great shots. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely critters except for the lovebirds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very lovely shots here, Linda. Flash looks like a real sweetie. And your red pickles made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to see a blue heron. They're wonderful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super shots you've shared.
    Thank you

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection of critters! We've had quite a few birds visit our feeders too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love you Flash's glance, he seem to see everything and to be so interesting in what's happening !

    Hope your week is off to a good start,
    I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you

    XX Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flash always looks so charming. I love the blue heron shot.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.