December 18, 2014

December in Old Town Winchester

street with archway


man with santaThese pictures shows scenes along the Loudoun Street Pedestrian Mall in Winchester, VA. I made sure I photographed some fences and gates for Theresa's Good Fences linkup. Some of the fences mark the outdoor seating areas of restaurants. 

If you look closely at the second photo, you see an inflatable Santa on the right. He was having trouble standing up so Frank went over to give him a hand.



Here's old Santa again, photographed from the other side. Wait, is he bowing to the church?

The buildings in this part of Winchester appeal to me because they remind me of historic Alexandria (Virginia), where I spent countless hours. That used to be my hometown and it's a fine one!

Sharing with: Today's Fences 

13 comments:

  1. Quite a contrast between Santa and the church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quaint little place. Love the decorations. I'm sure Santa appreciated the help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The town is looking very festive, pretty decorations.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the limestone buildings, they always have a charm to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures of beautiful decorated fences :)
    And I like the Santa :D
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor santa - a bit weary. :) love the lights and garland wrapped around the wrought iron. thanks, linja!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amo essa época de Natal , tudo fica tão lindo e enfeitado


    Boas FEstas!
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been to Winchester a couple of times, but have not visited this part of town. I would like to get back there and explore some more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, has Santa been drinking too much sherry?
    Thanks for linking him to the up Down Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been through Winchester in a long time. Got married there, 39 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.