March 28, 2011

A Visit to the Norton Simon Museum

I was excited to get the chance to tour the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena. I've seen Norton Simon as the credit for various works of art in books, so I knew there would be some great art there. And Pasadena is a nice town. We've been there before to visit the Huntington Museum and Gardens, which are spectacular.

Not surprisingly, the Norton Simon does not have the extensive gardens that the Huntington does, but it's art collection was wonderful. You can browse the Norton Simon website to see what they have.



They allow photography so I collected a set of favorite items to look at later, including works by impressionists and also by European masters.

It's been a long time since I saw so much great art in one place! When I was growing up we visited the National Gallery in DC many times so I got spoiled by it's abundance of masterpieces.

If your travels take you to Southern California, I highly recommend a visit to Pasadena to see this museum and also the Huntington complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.