October 22, 2008

Re-enactors take a break


One of the reasons I take pictures at Civil War events is to produce a few images that I might use to spice up my site Civil War Field Trips. When I took the photo above I thought I had something that looked authentic. Then I enlarged it in Photoshop and saw some glaring anachronisms.

First, there were modern vehicles in the background, traffic on US 11. Fortunately, they are not very noticeable and I can crop them out if I sacrifice part of the picture.

But then there's a touch of modernity among the carefully chosen "authentic" utensils. It's pretty obvious in the enlargement (left).

I could clone or paste in Photoshop and cover it up. Or I can just post it here, smile and forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.