August 27, 2008

Arlo and Pete at Carnegie Hall

I was surprised to see this announcement:
Guthrie & Seeger

an evening with Arlo and Pete
Abe, Tao, Cathy, Annie, Sarah Lee, Johnny & kids!

Carnegie Hall

Saturday • November 29, 2008 • 8PM

Seeger has been singing since before I was born. I saw him sing with Arlo Guthrie at Wolf Trap some years back. It's amazing that he still performs in his 80's. I discovered him when I was around 12 and a folk music program on public radio played his records. I talked my mom into buying some of his albums for me and played them repeatedly.

Perhaps you saw the interesting documentary on PBS, AMERICAN MASTERS Pete Seeger: The Power of Song.

1 comment:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.