February 11, 2008

Recycling an iBook battery

I came across my old laptop battery last week. Since you're not supposed to toss these in the trash (toxic chemicals can leach out and reach the groundwater), I checked the Apple website to find out where I can recycle it. Any Mac dealer... but they are far between. Fortunately, Blue Ridge Mac has opened a store in Harrisonburg between the mall and Evelyn Byrd Avenue. So when I was in that area on Saturday, I took the battery to the store and they accepted it for recycling.

It's a very small store but I plan to go back when they get in those ultra-thin laptops. I want to see if one will really slide into a manila envelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.