August 18, 2017

Friday Odds and Ends

...Some Odder than Others
Here it is Friday again! I'm catching up on posting some photos and joining some linkups, starting with Willy Nilly Friday.

1. This old log wall is part of a cabin being restored to serve as a jewelry artist's studio. 
Black and White Weekend
2. This week's topic at My Town Shootout is Walking Path. There are many fine paths in my area. This one is in Elizabeth Furnace Recreation Area in the National Forest.


3. A short walk from there is Passage Creek.

Weekend Reflection
4. I was looking for shoes in Harrisonburg and found a "LOVE" sign! It's behind the Quilt Museum.
Signs, Signs and Orange You Glad It's Friday 
5. The first store I tried did not have the comfortable shoes that I needed but the clerk said that "The Yellow Button" carried Birkenstocks. I tried to find it on my car's navigation system but these were the only "Yellow" names it knew of.

Nope, not driving to Yellowstone National Park! I did find the little store though and bought a pair of sandals.

10 comments:

  1. I love the textures of that old wall! Good that it's being restored, but it looks like it will take a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, wonderful series. I like the closeup of the wall. The walkway and creek are beautiful scenes. The love sign is cute. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you didn't go to Wyoming for shoes.We have a chain called Brown Shoes that has all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creek is my favourite of these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. I giggled at your shoe hunting post -- glad you found a pair of shoes. The wall is great and so nice to hear the cabin is being restored. Lovely reflections. Love the LOVE sign. We all need a little love. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha sometimes navigation systems aren't all that helpful. I like Birkestock sandals too....have you tried Chacos? They also make wonderful sandals, with lots of arch support for those of us with fussy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cabin seem to need a lot of work :) I like how you edited your shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The creek is lovely. What a serene spot.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.