November 10, 2016

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall


It rained yesterday, which was good because the trees benefit from water before they rest all winter. Today I'm sharing color pictures if that wet day starting with three in Front Royal's Prospect Cemetery and then going up on Skyline Drive, which is where I also captured the images I posted yesterday.


"I'm a-goin' back out 'fore the rain starts a-fallin'
I'll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest
Where the people are a many and their hands are all empty
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters
Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison
And the executioner's face is always well hidden
Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten
Where black is the color, where none is the number
And I'll tell and speak it and think it and breathe it
And reflect from the mountain so all souls can see it
And I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin'
But I'll know my song well before I start singing
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall."
~ Bob Dylan



It may seem a little odd to visit a national park during a rainstorm, but I like watching the weather from the overlooks. At first I saw only a wall of fog but then it started to lift.

Please notice in the picture above that there is a grassy slope on the right side of the stone wall, so the little girl was not in danger.

Sharing with Good Fences



10 comments:

  1. Why do people stand on walls? Can the view be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to water flowers,it hasn't rained in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a sweet shot of father and daughter. and i like the rainy views. they are soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet picture of the deer in the first shot. I like to watch rain come rolling in too. Great views!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice moody images and great views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the picture of the little girl ... so sweet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots from the heights.

    P.S. Tom, higher is better!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat to see the deer. Pretty views from the rock wall, which is neat looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty stone wall, and lovely views.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.