September 14, 2016

More Scenes from Lost River State Park

Howard's Lick
Earlier I posted some pictures from Lost River State Park. I decided to share a few more, this time in black and white.

A new footbridge allowed us to cross Howard's Lick from a parking spot to a pretty trail. A lick, by the way, is an old term for a spring or creek.

The park offers more than hiking. There's a swimming pool, playground, the old Lee Cabin, and horseback riding. See all my Lost River posts.



I see Black and White Wednesday is having computer problems, but I'm still glad I turned these into grayscale images. It motivates me to look critically at the contrast and tweak it in Photoshop as needed.

Sharing with Wednesday Waters and
Cathy's Not-So Wordless Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. The photos look great in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never been there. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great black and white shots. I really like the bridge photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great black and white shots here ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the footbridge in black and white. That's a great shot, and I think I would even prefer it to colour in this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them. You can always post them to Black and White Weekend :)

    http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.