December 30, 2013

Shenandoah Photo of the Year

The City Daily Photo Theme for 1 January is "Photo of the Year 2013." I'm trying to decide which picture to choose and I've narrowed it down to a couple dozen candidates. Some I picked because they follow the stated theme of this blog, which as currently worded is "Shenandoah! A beautiful valley and a winding river -- how fortunate we are to live here!"

Others fall roughly into categories of Shenandoah National Park, pictures I took in our back yard (including lake views, birds, and a squirrel), and a few creative ones that were inspired by topics of "Linky" pages (like Orange You Glad It's Friday or Skywatch).

Here are my favorites for the first category, Shenandoah Valley and River.

South Fork Seen from Cullers Overlook
Barn in the Snow, Middletown
Road Near Berryville
Shenandoah River State Park
Which do you think is the best in this category?

6 comments:

  1. They're all gorgeous! Perhaps the one with the barn -- the red stands out so nicely against the snow. Postcard perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, but #1 is the best, a stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I like the first one the best. So amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I have almost that same barn picture, snow and all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous. For me, the last one really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.