November 18, 2012

Missing Summer Sunshine

The days have grown short and temperatures have dropped. I miss being able to soak up the sunshine!
Over the years several doctors have advised me to take vitamin D pills, and I have done so but apparently not as much as I should because blood tests have shown that I am not getting enough. So I am trying to take more, especially now that summer is over and I'm not getting it through the skin.
Photo by Frank, Sept. 25

Today I read that older adults do not absorb vitamin D as well as young people. Also, we should take supplemental D with a meal that includes fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.