August 23, 2009

Another View of Our Local Covered Bridge


Meems Bottom Covered Bridge is on Wissler Road just off Route 11, the Valley Pike. Some sources claim that it was burnt during the Civil War but others say that no, that was another bridge a little way downstream where the Valley Pike crossed the North Fork.

My mother was a fan of covered bridges and old mills, so that's one reason that I go out of my way to photograph them. Which reminds me that some years ago my photojournalism teacher remarked that I took a lot of pictures showing human interaction with the natural world. That became my homework assignment for a portfolio of slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.