April 1, 2009

Creating A Mii-Style Cartoon

There are a number of websites where you can make a cartoon figure to use as an avatar or just to liven up space on your website. I made this one at makewee.com. It's free but in order to save your picture, you use a screen-capture application.

The screen-capture that came with my laptop is called "Grab" and it saves the image as a TIFF. I opened the TIFF in Photoshop and added some light marks to represent cheeks and wrinkles, then saved it as a JPEG.

For those who aren't familiar with what a "Mii" is, it's a character you create for playing games on Nintendo's Wii. See the article about Mii on Wikipedia - it has more than you thought you needed to know.

Postscript: I also use the little cartoons that I made with Abi-station; in fact, I used one in yesterday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.